Temporary Work Visas

(E, H, J, L, P, O, R and TN Visas)

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

A nonimmigrant work visa is required by foreign nationals who wish to either work temporarily in a qualifying position or occupation, or receive training in the United States. A temporary work visa requires sponsorship by a U.S. employer. Temporary workers are allowed to stay in the U.S. only for the duration of their work and must return to their home country upon completion. Spouses and children of nonimmigrant visa holders (temporary workers) may travel to the U.S. on dependent visas.

Consult LAW IMM  - U.S. Work Visa Lawyers  for Temporary Work Visas >>

There are various classifications of nonimmigrant visas. Each has its own requirements and there are strict limits on the number of visas issued each year.    

  • E-1 Visa - Treaty Traders.
  • E-2 Visa - Treaty Investors.
  • E-3 Visa - Citizens of Australia seeking employment in a “specialty occupation”.
  • H-1B Visa - Skilled professionals seeking employment in a "specialty occupation".
  • H-2A Visa - Foreign nationals seeking temporary or seasonal work in the field of agriculture.
  • H-2B Visa - Foreign nationals seeking temporary or seasonal work in the nonagricultural field.
  • J-1 Visa - Participants in qualifying educational and cultural exchange programs.
  • L-1 Visa - Intra-company transfer visa. Applicable to skilled foreign professionals (i.e., Managers, Executives or Specialized knowledge employees) transferring to a U.S. branch, subsidiary, or affiliate of his/her foreign employer.
  • P-1 Visa - Athletes, entertainers, entertainment groups, and circus artists who seek to perform individually or as part of a team in a competition or event in the U.S.
  • P-2 Visa - Artists or entertainers seeking work in the U.S. as a part of an exchange program involving an organization from the U.S. and one from abroad.
  • P -3 Visa - Artists, entertainers and organizations seeking to teach or perform a program that is culturally unique.
  • O-1 Visa - Extraordinary abilities or achievements in the field of science, arts, education, business, athletics, motion picture or television industry.
  • O-2 Visa - Individuals assisting professionals on O-1 visa, in the fields of athletics, entertainment, motion picture and television production.
  • R-1 Visa - Religious workers who seek to work in the U.S. in religious occupations.
  • TN Visa - Citizens of Canada (TN1) and Mexico (TN2) who seek to work in the U.S. in a specified occupation that is approved under North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers