P2 Visa USA

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

The P-2 Visa is for artists and entertainment groups that seek to perform in the U.S. through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program between a U.S. and a foreign organization. Essentially, the P-2 visa enables a temporary exchange of artists/entertainers (with comparable skills) between the U.S. and another country.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 may accompany or join the P-2 visa holder in P-4 visa status.

Consult Our  U.S. Work Visa Lawyers  at LAW IMM for P2 Visa USA >>

P-2 Quick Facts

  1. P-2 visa requires sponsorship by a U.S. sponsor (organization, company or agent).
  2. P-2 visa is issued for the period required by the individual/group to complete the program but cannot exceed a year. The sponsor may apply for an extension of stay if required.
  3. A P-2 petition must include a copy of a formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the U.S sponsoring organization and the foreign country receiving the artists/entertainers.
  4. P-2 visa holders may apply for a green card (permanent residence).
  5. Spouses and children under age 21 are eligible for P-4 visa but are not allowed to work. P-4 visa holders may attend colleges and school.

Consult LAW IMM

P-2 Visa Process

  1. Our firm applies for and obtains the appropriate advisory opinion on behalf of the sponsoring organization.
  2. We review the required reciprocal agreement to ensure compliance with P-2 regulations.
  3. Next, we file the P-2 petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with all required supporting documents.
  4. Once the petition is approved, the applicant artist, entertainer or entertainment group applies for the visa at the U.S. consulate abroad.

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers