P1 Visa USA

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

The P-1 visa may be utilized for athletes and entertainers. For athletes, the P-1 visa may be issued to internationally recognized athletes, professional athletes, or an individual who seeks to participate as an athlete, coach or part of a team or franchise located in the United States. With respect to entertainers, the P-1 visa may be issued to individuals who perform with or are an essential member or part of an entertainment group that has received international recognition. Generally, a P-1 petition is filed by a sponsoring U.S. company or organization that seeks to hire the athlete or performer. A U.S. agent may also file petitions for those who are self-employed.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 may accompany or join the P-1 visa holder in P-4 visa status.

Consult Our  U.S. Work Visa Lawyers at LAW IMM for P 1 Visa USA >>

P-1 Quick Facts

  • P-1 visa requires sponsorship by a U.S. employer (organization, company or agent).
  • Visa applicants must demonstrate that they have internationally recognized level of performance either individually or as part of a team or group.
  • The period of stay for P-1 visa is up to five years and may be extended by the sponsor for additional five years.
  • P-1 visa holders may apply for a green card (lawful permanent residence).
  • Spouses and children under age 21 are eligible for P-4 visa but are not allowed to work. P-4 visa holders may attend colleges and school.

Consult LAW IMM

P-1 Visa Process

  1. First, out firm provides thorough review of each athlete, entertainer, or entertainment group's qualification to ensure eligibility for the P-1 Visa. Then, our firm applies for and obtains an advisory opinion from the appropriate labor organization.
  2. Then, on behalf of the sponsoring petitioner, we file the P-1 petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with all necessary documents.
  3. Upon approval, the applicant, team, or group applies for the visa at the U.S. consulate abroad.

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers