P Visa USA

(P-1, P-2, P-3)

The P visa is a temporary (nonimmigrant) work visa issued to foreign nationals in the arts, athletic or entertainment industry. Individuals who seek to come to the U.S., to perform in events, compete in specific competitions, or participate in cultural exchange programs may qualify for a P visa.

P visa applicants are not required to have extraordinary abilities in their field like O visa applicants, but must have supporting documents that establish that they possess either an international level of recognition or culturally unique skills.

The P visa is applicable only to those in the field of arts, entertainment, athletic industries, and cultural exchange programs. This is unlike the O visa which also includes individuals with exceptional abilities in the field of science, education or business.

  • P-1 Visa - This Visa is issued to internationally recognized athletes, entertainers and entertainment groups who seek to participate individually or as part of a team in a competition, event or performance in the U.S. The P-1 visa is issued solely for the purpose of performing in a specific competition. The sponsoring petitioner for the P-1 visa is the U.S. company or organization that seeks to hire the athlete or performer.
  • P-2 Visa - This Visa is for artists and entertainment groups that seek to perform in the U.S. through a government recognized reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the United States and an organization abroad.
  • P-3 Visa - This Visa allows U.S. agents and companies to bring in artists and entertainers who teach, perform, or coach music or theatrical arts to participate in the development of culturally unique programs. Frequently, these programs consist of theatrical performances, cultural music performances, or artistic performances.

Spouses and children under age 21 of P visa holders are eligible for P-4 Visa but are not allowed to work during their stay in the United States. P-4 visa holders may attend colleges and school.

Consult Our  U.S. Work Visa Lawyers  at LAW IMM for P Visa USA >>

General Requirements for the P Visa

  1. The P visa requires sponsorship by a U.S. sponsor (an organization, company or agent).
  2. Prior to filing of the P visa petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), it is necessary to obtain a written advisory opinion from a consulting entity (that has expertise in the applicant’s or group's field of work) or appropriate labor organization pertaining to the qualifications and nature of work to be performed by the P visa applicant.
  3. The written advisory opinion is then submitted along with the visa petition and all supporting documents to the USCIS for processing.
  4. The length of stay in the U.S. is determined by the P visa category being petitioned and the time required for completing the proposed activity or event in the U.S. An application for extension of stay may be made by the U.S sponsor.
  5. P visa holders are required to return to their home country on completion of work/performances.

Consult Us

P Visa Service

  1. Our firm provides fast, reliable and exemplary service to individuals and groups to enable them to bring their talents to the U.S. and achieve their goals.
  2. We assist petitioning organizations through the comprehensive process of compiling all necessary and supporting evidence required for processing the visa.
  3. Our firm also attains written advisory opinions from appropriate labor groups or labor organizations required for filing the petition.
  4. We examine and evaluate all supporting documents provided by the petitioning sponsor to ensure proper filing of the petition.
  5. We periodically follow up with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and keep our clients informed at every step in the process.
  6. Our firm also provides post filing and post approval services to address any questions or concerns relating to the visa or the visa process.

Consult Our Attorneys