O1 Visa USA

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

The O-1 visa is issued to foreign nationals who have extraordinary abilities (of national/international recognition) in the field of science, arts, education, business, athletics, motion picture or television production and who seek to come to the U.S. to work in their area of expertise.

Support personnel who assist O-1 visa holders in the field of arts, athletics, motion and television industries are eligible for O-2 visa status.

Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 may accompany or join the O-1 visa holder on O-3 visa status.

Consult Our  U.S. Work Visa Lawyers  at LAW IMM for O1 Visa USA >>

O-1 Quick Facts

  1. O-1 visa requires sponsorship by a U.S. employer (organization, company or agent).
  2. Applicants must be able to present supporting documents establishing international or national recognition in his/her discipline.
  3. The O-1 visa is issued for a period of 3 years. However, an applicant's sponsor may apply for an extension of stay until completion of work. In addition, O-1 visa holders may travel in and out of the U.S. on a valid visa.
  4. O-1 visa holders may apply for a green card (permanent residence).
  5. Spouses and children under age 21 are eligible for O-3 visa but are not permitted to work. O-3 visa holders may attend colleges and school.

Consult LAW IMM

O-1 Visa Process

  1. Our firm applies for and obtains an advisory opinion from the appropriate labor organization.
  2. We review and evaluate all supporting documents to ensure that the applicant is able to demonstrate that he or she possesses extraordinary abilities required for the position, event, or activity in the U.S.
  3. We file the petition with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and upon approval the applicant applies for the visa at the U.S. consulate in his/her country of origin.

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers