E2 Visa USA

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

The E2 visa allows investors of countries that are engaged in a treaty with the U.S., to enter the U.S. to direct and develop a business enterprise that they have invested in, or to make irrevocable commitment of funds as an investment into an U.S. enterprise.

Consult Our U.S. Work Visa Lawyers  at LAW IMM for E2 Visas USA >>

E-2 Quick Facts

  • There must be a treaty in place between the U.S. and the country of the visa applicant.
  • The investment must be principally between the United States and the foreign country of which the investor is a citizen.
  • Majority ownership or control of the investing or trading company must be held by nationals of the country which has signed a trade/investment treaty with the U.S.
  • The investment must be substantial.
  • The investment must create job opportunities for U.S. workers.
  • The person for whom the treaty investor status is sought must fill a critical role with the enterprise either as an investor, who will develop and direct the investment, or as a qualified manager or, as a specially trained and qualified employee necessary for the development of the investment.
  • The initial period of stay on E-2 visa is two years. However, it can be extended indefinitely as long as the applicant affirms that he/she will leave the United States when the period of authorized stay, including unlimited extensions ends.
  • Spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age, can accompany the E-2 visa holder on a derivative status and spouse may seek employment in the U.S. by applying for Employment Authorization.
  • E-2 visa holders can travel freely in and out of the U.S.

Consult LAW IMM

E-2 Visa Process

  1. Our firm prepares the E-2 visa petition on behalf of the applicant.
  2. Applicants must apply for the visa with all the required documents at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) service center if they are already in the U.S. If they are outside the U.S., they can apply at the local U.S. consulate in their country.
  3. Overseas applicants (if they are between the age of 14 to 79) will then be called for an interview at the U.S. consulate.
  4. At the time of interview the overseas visa applicant’s fingerprints will be taken and the visa will be processed.

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers