B2 Visa - U.S. Visitor Visa

U.S. Citizenship/Naturalization and Immigration Service by LAW IMM

The B-2 visa is ideal for individuals who want to come to the U.S. to engage in social or service activities, tour the country, visit family/ friends, or seek medical treatment.

A B-2 visa applicant may submit self sponsorship if he or she is able to establish sufficient funds to support his or her trip to the U.S. Otherwise, the B-1 applicant must be sponsored by an individual residing in the Unites States. The U.S. sponsor must provide an affidavit of support that states that he/she will bear all the expenses during the applicant’s stay in the U.S.

Consult Business Immigration Law Firm LAW IMM for B2 U.S. Visitor Visa >>

B-2 Quick Facts

  • Applicants may apply and obtain a B-2 Visa at the U.S. consulate/embassy abroad closest to their residence.
  • Individuals who travel extensively may drop off their application at the drop-box at the U.S. Consulate (depends on the U.S. consulate/embassy).
  • Applicants must submit documents demonstrating the purpose of the visit.
  • Applicants must provide documents (e.g. round-trip air ticket) to show that they intend to return to their home country upon completion of stay in the U.S. They must also establish that they have significant ties to their home country.
  • B-2 Visa holders may be granted an initial period stay of up to 6 months in the U.S. The visa holder must apply for an extension of stay if more time is needed.

Consult LAW IMM

B-2 Visa Process

Our firm frequently represents individuals in the United States who seek to sponsor a family member/friend abroad for a B-2 Visa. We also prepare and obtain extensions for numerous clients currently in the United States who seek an extension of his/her B-2 visa. As part of the visa process:

  1. First, the applicant applying from abroad has to submit a visa application form at the U.S. consulate near his/her residence along with all the supporting documents. (Note: Applicants who travel extensively may be eligible to drop off the application at the drop-box at the U.S. consulate and those visiting the U.S. for medical purposes must submit relevant documents from his/her overseas doctor detailing the treatment plan).
  2. The applicant will then need to attend an interview at the U.S. consulate and satisfy all U.S. consulate /embassy requirements to be granted a B-2 visa.
  3. The applicant will undergo fingerprinting prior to issuance of the visa.

Consult U.S. Immigration Lawyers