Law ImmigrationImmigration Blog
Home > Family Visas > K-1 Visa

K-1 Visa

The K-1 visa allows United States citizens to bring his or her fiancé (e) to the U.S. for the purpose of marriage.

K-1 visa holders must enter the U.S. within 6 months of obtaining the visa. Once they are in the U.S., they have a 90-day period to marry their fiancé and apply for adjustment of status (i.e., permanent resident status). If the K-1 visa holder does not get married, he/she will have to return to their home country prior to the expiration of the allotted time period.

Children of K-1 visa holders may enter the U.S. on a K-2 visa status.

K-1 Quick Facts

  • Only United States citizens are eligible to apply for K-1 visa for their fiancé (e).
  • The K-1 visa applicant and the U.S. citizen must have seen and met each other within a two year period prior to the filing of the petition.
  • The K-1 visa applicant and the U.S. citizen must be engaged at the time of filing
  • The U.S. citizen must prove that he/she can provide full financial support to the K-1 visa holder in the U.S.
  • The U.S. citizen and K-1 visa holder must be married to one another within 90 days of the K-1 entry into the U.S and immediately apply for adjustment of status after marriage.
  • Children of the K-1 visa holder are allowed to enter the U.S. on a K-2 visa status.

K-1 Visa Process

  1. On behalf of the U.S. citizen, our firm prepares and files a petition for his or her fiancé (e) with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with the required documents.
  2. Upon approval of the petition, we prepare the requisite affidavit of support application which the K-1 applicant submits along with additional documents to the U.S. embassy in the fiancé (e)’s home country.
  3. The K-1 applicant obtains a medical checkup at the U.S. consulate approved medical center.
  4. Finally, the K-1 visa holder attends an interview at the U.S embassy and the K-1 visa is issued.

Consult Our Experienced Immigration Attorneys
Please fill and submit the consultation form. Our expert Immigration Attorney will contact you promptly. Or call us at 855-593-6200 for immediate assistance.
Category :
Type :
Name :
Home Phone :
Work Phone :
Email :
Comments :
Secure Code: 


Our K-1 Service

We understand how important it is for you to have your fiancé (e) join you in the United States. We provide expert and expeditious service to help you obtain a K visa that will facilitate your wedding plans. We analyze your case and provide consultation regarding the best immigration avenues. We provide post approval support to address any questions or concerns you may have related to the visa you’ve been granted.

Quick Links



Our Specializations


About Us | Attorney Profiles | In The Community | From Our Desk
Processing Times | Case Success Stories | Client Testimonials | Checklists / Forms | News
Contact Us | Legal Disclaimer | Web Resources | Sitemap
© 2017 | Toll Free: 855-593-6200
Attorney Advertisement, U.S. Immigration Law Firm